[Information] Miyashita Yuu 「青に歩く、東へ臨む」Concert Digest

「青に歩く、東へ臨む」宮下游 1st Live Concert Digest (Personal Account)

Well, hi yes. I've come out of my cave in 2021 to write my personal account of attending Miyashita Yuu's 1st Live Concert "Ao ni Aruku, Higashi e Nozomu".




From the beginning: the ticket sale was a lottery through ePlus+ JP, and although e+ has an international sales page, his concert wasn’t listed there. I found it a downer but it was quite understandable because the management probably was not aware of his popularity outside Japan. But ANYWAYS... that is another story.

The JP account it required a Japanese phone number, so I had to look for someone living in Japan to help me buy the tickets. I have no relatives there so this was not an option, and my friends in Japan who were there for exchange studies already left - so the only option was to look for a service that helps people overseas buy tickets from Japan (not gonna link any here, but it can be googled). After paying and all that, all I had to do was wait for the lottery announcement.

The first pre-order tickets were limited quantity printed ticket, I REALLY wanted to get it LOL. This is how it looks like: https://twitter.com/nataliyeahhh/status/1109304405650604032?s=21

After I got the lottery announcement that I won the first pre-order ticket—YAY— I then proceeded to book flights/hotel/etc to prepare for my Japan trip.
I planned it such that I arrived at least 1 day before the concert. This will allow me to tour around the city and familiarise myself around the area. Sure enough, that one day proved to be useful because I didn’t pack the proper clothes for Japan winter-spring weather LOL. I brought some sweaters along with me, but that wasn't enough, so I had to shop around for thicker clothes.
During the planning, the weather forecast constantly says 16C-22C so I thought I'd be okay, but clearly I underestimated Japan's cold weather!

On the day of the concert itself, I woke up pretty early out of excitement. The concert starts in the evening, so I actually still had half a day to roam around. However, from my last experience attending Doctrine Doctrine's (Miyashita Yuu x seeeeecun) concert the previous year, there's gonna be some time taken for queueing and merchandise sales, so I made my way to Shinjuku area at about 10am.

I thought it'd be a packed day but it was pretty chill. I had my meals and scenery exploration until about 1pm, where I then headed to the area around the concert venue. The queue for the merchandise sales had started pretty early, so I queued for a good 20 minutes to buy some concert merchandise.

These were the available merchandise:

There are staff around the area to direct you to the correct place to queue. There is a limit of purchase (to prevent hoarding) and while queueing the staff gave each of us a form and a pencil to tick beforehand what items we'd like to purchase. When it was my turn, I only had to pass them the form, they confirm and my purchase and gave the items to me and I paid.

There was also a locker rental in the building if you have luggage or big bags that you wouldn't like to carry inside the concert venue, but since I bought Miyayuu's tote bag I decided to use it right away! By the way, the venue was playing his album on loop on the speaker, so it made waiting much more enjoyable.

After that, I went for a short convenience store break and came back to queue for the actual entrance to the concert. Again it was pretty systematic, so we all had to line up in sections, based on the ticket number that we had. For example, 1-100 in the first row, 101-200 in the second row, etc.
This process took quite some time, but it was chilly outside so it's not hot.

The staff ushered everyone to go in order, and along the way we all showed our ticket to the reception desk one by one to get the free drink. The drink bar will stay until the end of the concert so you'll have the option to pick whether you would like to drink now or later.

We all had to go in the concert hall in order of ticket number, so buying your ticket early and getting a good number is quite important!

Now, inside the concert hall. It was really packed now at this area. Admittedly it had enough capacity for all of us, but everyone wanted to move closer to the front to see better, so there was some cramming here.

We waited for the lights to turn on and there was some announcement on concert rules beforehand (standard stuff like no recording, etc).

When the lights turned on, there was some interim bgm before the first song. Here's the setlist:
    1. テレストテレス
    2. 青年よ、疑問を抱け
    3. 少女レイ
    4. コウカツ
    5. VORACITY
    6. アイアルの勘違い
    7. ONE OFF MIND
    8. Fool Definition
    9. JINGO JUNGLE
    10. 愛して愛して愛して
    11. 舞台性ナニカ
    12. ロキ
    13. メルティランドナイトメア
    14. アンノウン・マザーグース
    15. 炎
    16. Fading ghost
    17. 青へ向かう

    ENCORE:
    18. 夜の反芻は空白を待つ

    The venue was lighted up with multi-colored lights from blue to green, and then red, and yellow. It's also illuminated by fans' lightstick! 

    He's about 168-170cm I think? and he's skinny. His skin was very fair! For the concert, he wore a cream white tunic blouse topped with an ethnic pattern toga (?) in brown. He also had the brown ethnic pattern cloth tied up at his waist, completed with a dark brown waistband in similar thick fabric. The fabric material looks thick and high quality!

    He donned 2 hair accessories - similar to Heinrich (his character/muse). The one at the right was fabric strings decorated in somewhat of a flower shape, and at the left had white fur/feathers. He also wore multiple layers of bracelets, bangles, and necklaces! Basically his whole appearance was in line with Heinrich's clothing.

    He wore brown-blackish skinny trousers if I remember correctly, and something akin to leather boots. Besides the hair and eye colour, it was as if he's Heinrich himself.

    I remembered in the first break, he thanked everyone for attending the concert as usual, and then made a joke about leaving. So it went like "Again, thank you all for coming here today! Alright, then, that's all, bye!" He spoke a bit about being grateful that it has arrived to this point. He constantly makes jokes and says witty things in the breaks in between.

    Of course, he didn't forget to thank everyone who's involved in the show and even the costume. He said he's shocked at the high quality of the costume (I assume they had a costume designer sew and make the accessories).

    In another break, he was wiping his sweat and said about how it's hotter than expected (likely due to the lights flashing at the front). During all his breaks he kept recounting how many songs there are left LMAO we can see he's pretty tired halfway! He was like "Right, by the way we have 3 songs left!"

    He sang Ao e Mukau (17 in the setlist) very well, that impression was so memorable that it still stayed after like 2 years. I say so because it's very true to the song and he sounded less visibly tired despite the fact that it's the last song!

    After he left, we all had to wait for a while and clap/exclaim Encore until he re-appeared back to the stage. He changed into one of his concert merchandise (the white T-shirt) for the encore.

    During the short talk session at the end, he introduced the band members, but forgot to introduce himself LOL and had to be like "Oh by the way, I'm the vocals for today.". Some of the band members were also the same members from his Doctrine Doctrine concert in Kyoto, so he thanked them for being a wonderful band.

    The whole concert was about 1.5 hours, started from about 6.30pm - nighttime. All in all, the audience really enjoyed the show and laughed a lot :) I personally really liked the concert merchandise too, I wish there were more!

    Looking at COVID-19 situation this year, I don't think it's possible to hold another concert anytime soon. My sincere wish is for a virtual live concert so that global fans can also join in from the safety of their own homes.
    That is all of it for today, folks. See you next concert~!

    Comments